Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Beautiful day...
My friends, Elle & D are flying to Khabarovsk next week to meet their son. She and D have made the most amazing video from their last trip there in June 2005. Take a few minutes and check it out. She is flying from Washington state to Seoul to Khabarovsk...and then to Moscow. We will be in Moscow around the same time and we are hoping to meet up.
Same goes for Caroline & Blake, they are travelling for their court date (like us) to become the official parents of their son :) We hope to get together with them as well.

Elle posted a map of Russia on her blog that is so much better than the one I posted a month ago on ours...hers shows all of Russia and then Kaliningrad on the far left side of the map. Khabarovsk, where they are adopting, is on the far right side...our children are a country (plus a few) away from each other right now.

I want to use her map, but I am going to wait for permission from her...and I have to figure out how to do the cool arrow like she did...only pointing to Kaliningrad as well as Khabarovsk.

I haven't really started packing yet...I have all the gifts bought for the host families (one in Kaliningrad & one in Russia), Grey Goose for the facilitator (apparently he likes this brand better than all Russian vodkas combined), more orphanage gifts & caregiver presents. I have all of those laid out with the items for Roman (meds, diapers, wipes, bottles, spoons, toys, books)...not sure if there will be room for our clothes once I get his clothes together. We don't really know what size he is wearing right now...we are estimating 18 months, but I have some 12 months sizes too just in case.

Also...I wanted to correct a previous post that I wrote...the shower that was given for Roman last month, was just for small group of girlfriends that I see & talk to on a daily basis...plus my Mom, my mother-in-law, sister-in-law & Haylee. Sorry if anyone felt excluded...there will be more showers once we get home...family & friends and loved ones :)

Okay...gotta go...going over to Ryan's apartment to have dinner with him and his girlfriend, Amy :)
5 Comments:
Blogger Maggie said...
Have a good trip. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Blogger 6blessings said...
Have a super trip! I can't wait to hear all about you bringing Roman home!! Yea!!!

Blogger Trusty Husband said...
Actually, we're not going to Moscow this trip... we'll end up going there next time though, after our court date. (Which actually good since it's an 8 hour flight from Khab to Moscow). Hope you guys have great trip! Thanks for the mention and I'm glad you enjoyed the video.

Blogger Elle said...
you are certainly welcome to use the map. I actully stole it off a website. I just did a google image search for Russia Map the photoshopped the arrow in. Easy as pie.

Blogger Jennefer said...
That will be so cool if you can meet up with some of our blogger friends in Russia. I can't wait to hear about your trip!