Sunday, April 02, 2006
16 more days...
Until we fly to Frankfurt, 17 more days until we get to Kaliningrad...18 more days until we get to see our sweet Roman again. 22 more days until court...

I can't believe that we will be parents in less than a month...unbelievable!!

Everything is ready to go...still waiting on the Letter of Invitation (little piece of paper that says they want us to come adopt Roman), and the signed of medical forms. Usually, 8 different doctors have to sign this while in Russia being examined by those same 8 doctors. Luckily, our region allows us to have a doctor perform all the same tests here in the states. Then, we had to get a letter from the VA Board of Medicine stating that our doctor was qualified to diagnose in all the different areas. Doc had to go out of town last week on a family emergency...hoping he will come back to the office tomorrow to see the results of our blood tests and sign off on the paper.

Next step...sending (or driving) them down to Richmond for the apostille (state seal). I wish I could just type up that little form and put that pretty gold seal sticker on the paperwork :)

Tomorrow, I have to FedEx our Visa invitations to be processed...fun times, fun times...

Gotta go...Andrew just came upstairs to watch a movie with me. Down time :)
4 Comments:
Blogger 6blessings said...
How exciting!! I wish you all of the best! I can't wait to hear all about little Roman. Have a blast with all of the final papers!! :) The end is in sight!

Blogger Maggie said...
You're almost there. How exciting!

Blogger Jennefer said...
I bet it seems so unreal that you will be parents so soon! I hope it will be smooth sailing from here on out. Just a little more paperwork and you are on your way!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
The countdown has begun! I'm so excited for you guys!