Thursday, March 23, 2006
We bought our plane tickets!!
We will be back in Kaliningrad in less than a month...unbelievable. We fly out on April 18th and arrive in Kaliningrad in the evening on the 19th. Then we will visit with Roman on the 20th, 21st & 22nd. Court is on the 24th and hopefully the judge will waive the 10-day waiting period. If all goes well, we will become Roman's parents on the 24th and we will fly to Moscow with him on the 27th and home to Virgina on the 30th.

Alot of "ifs" in this scenario, but I am going to think positively and that everything will go smoothly.

We received our VA State Police clearances today as well as the updated documents from the home study agency. We are waiting to hear what kind of medical stuff has to be re-done and waiting for our letter of invitation to arrive...then, we will send off our passports to have Visas put in them and send the rest of the documents down to Richmond to be apostilled.

We are going to hand-deliver everything back over to Kaliningrad. No point in sending them FedEx again because it takes forever anyways. If we take them, we can guarantee that they will be safely in Russia and translated for court.

Boy, am I ever babbling...can you tell I am excited? I am so glad that I have so much to keep me busy with paperwork and my job so that I don't think about Roman still being in Russia without us too much. I think about him all the time, but I am too busy to be sad.

I want to take a minute to tell some of my fellow adoptive families that I am thinking about them. I am so sorry that referrals have been lost and visits not granted, waiting periods not waived. You guys have been so wonderful and supportive and I am here for you :)

~ gaye
6 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
I am so happy for you and wow how fast you all get to return to bring your son home. Babble on as much as you want it gets me excited about us being over there one day.

Blogger Maggie said...
Woohoo! Court date already. That's awesome. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the 10-day wait gets waived.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Wow, that was fast, I am so excited for you!
Kay B

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
congrats on the court date. one month from now you'll be roman's parents!

Blogger Elle said...
I can't believe how fast your return is! I hope that becomes the case for the rest of us.

Blogger 6blessings said...
Congratulations!! Hopefully, the time will fly and soon you will be home for good with your son.