Friday, March 10, 2006
Visa & passport dances...

Yes, that's right, they did arrive yesterday...I didn't realize how tense I was about them until they actually came. Then, I literally crashed...I fell sound asleep for an hour while waiting for my Mom to come pick me up for Costco.

Costco was fun...Mom bought me 2 books for the plane and we shopped and had a good time. If you can believe it, I did not buy anything :)

Our neighbors/friends from across the street came over with their 2 little boys last night to say goodbye to us before our trip. We ordered pizza and just relaxed...

Perkins the cat is getting a little anxious...he knows something is up. He sees the suitcases and piles of clothes and he is not allowed in the back 2 bedrooms for fear that he will mess things up. He does not like being locked out of places...he is king of the house. Well, he must have been really pissed last night because he peed on me...that's right, you heard correctly, the most amazing, wonderful cat in the world urinated on me. I was laying on the bed talking to Andrew and had a big, baggy overalls...I didn't even notice that he had done it until I got up and kept smelling cat urine and realized I was wet. GROSS!!! Then, he threw up...

My poor baby. I took him to the Vet today just to make sure there is nothing else wrong with him and it is just stress. I haven't heard back from the office yet on the results of his urinalysis. if he has no infection and he keeps doing this, my sweet kitty will join the Prozac Nation and start on "kitty prozac" when we get home. If he does have an infection, our house & petsitter, Ryan will have fun trying to give him his antibiotics while we are gone =^..^= That is supposed to be a cat, can you tell?

So, except for actually putting the piles of our clothes into the suitcases, we are ready. We have our cash to take, we have the cameras & dvd players all charged and ready to go, we have given out our emergency numbers to family. I have some pics to post, but the Image posting thingy doesn't seem to be working right now. I will try again later...

Thanks to everyone again for their support & love...we will try to post while we are in Kaliningrad. Our flight leaves at 2:30 tomorrow and we get into Russia at 2:30 their time. We will be home on Saturday the 18th...and sleeping. Feel free to call or stop by on the 19th to see pics.

Thanks for watching our house and kitties, Ryan.

Anna...I hope you have a wonderful bridal shower tomorrow...sorry I am going to miss it.

Love to everyone...gaye

p.s. please post comments while we are gone. I love to read them and it will make us feel closer to home. :)