Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Scatterbrained in Virginia...
Last Friday night, I went out with my girlfriends to dinner because our friend, Anna, was in town from Denver. We had such a great time at this little dive restaurant...it was great because we could just sit there for hours talking and laughing and never feeling like we were being pushed out the door. Anna will be home again in March for her wedding shower and then in April for her wedding to Nathan. It will be such a fun wedding :)

After dinner, my sister-in-law, Erica, our friend Carrie & I went downtown to meet our other friends, Ryan and Adam at a country bar to see the DC Cowboys dance. The Cowboys are a dance troupe here in DC that my sister, Penny, manages. We hung out with my sister for a little while, but then she disappeared and we didn't see her again. Didn't faze us though, we had so much fun and got to meet Amy, the girl that Ryan has been dating for a month or so. Adam had some other friends with him, but I didn't really talk to them much. We sang "Summer Lovin" from Grease...Carrie was Olivia Newton John and Ryan was John Travolta. Pretty funny...I tried to post some pics, but they wouldn't take. I will try again later. I was the designated (oh so cool) driver in my Sienna Minivan...we were jammin :) Andrew didn't go...he stayed home with our brother-in-law, Brent and our niece, Haylee.

As far as the adoption and our upcoming trip, I feel like I am running around in circles and not really accomplishing anything...I know I need to put the laundry away, but writing a list of things to bring to Russia takes precedence, but then I get distracted from that and decide to check some blogs of my online friends. I honestly feel like I am in a dreamworld right now and I need to get my butt in gear and get ready for Russia...we will meet our son in just 18 days!!

We have the crib up and now I just need to get the rest of his room ready. I got a new shower curtain at Target to match our crib bedding...going with the safari/jungle theme throughout. I love what we have chosen...so cute.

Now, a little venting...we have re-done and re-notarized everything we needed to for our updated dossier. Everything is ready to be apostilled only we haven't gotten the paperwork from our social worker yet...time is running out since we need to have everything in Russia at least a week before we travel so it can be translated. I am a little hyper...and a little annoyed. At least we got everything sent out to get our russian visas this morning...we should have those next week :)

Oh, also...I made a big decision made this week. Well, less of a decision and more of a reality check. Now that we know when we will be traveling to Russia to meet our son, Roman...I decided not to go on the "girl's trip" to Las Vegas with my friends in April. Realistically, there is no way I could have gone once we found out we would be flying out March 11th, but a little part of me wasn't ready to cancel my trip yet. I finally did it a couple of days ago...told my friends that I couldn't go with them and changed the hotel reservation to my sister-in-law's name. Of course, everyone understands and... sorry Carrie & Cristine, but flying to Russia is a little more important than your birthday & bachelorette parties right now :) I will be with you in spirit and I am looking forward to the drunk-dialing phone calls that I am sure I will receive while you are there.

Well, I am going to go watch the olympics now...I love hearing the Russian names of the athletes.
3 Comments:
Blogger Maggie said...
Congratulations on your referral. Roman is such a dignified name... I really like it. I'm going to keep my boy's name, too.

Blogger Jennefer said...
It is great that you have such good friends. I am sure they will understand how much more important your travel to Russia is than anything else! Your life will certainly change with a little one. It is very exciting!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Wowee, I can't believe I'm reading MORE good news!!! Between you, Elle, Lauri, Rhonda and Melissa there's so much baby activity going on. I look forward to hearing about your planning (even the unorganized planning), trip, etc. So cool!