Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Waiting parents meeting...
I have been viewing information on a website for the "Families of Russian & Ukrainian Adoption (FRUA)" for a few months now. They have a chat area where people post all kinds of questions and information on their adoption processes...and others that have already been through it or are going through it help to answer them. It seems like they really give each other support.

Well, there is a meeting for "waiting parents" in Fairfax this weekend. We are going to go to the meeting...when I asked Andrew, he didn't even hesitate in saying that he wanted to go. I am really excited about it...we can meet other families in the area that are going through the same thing we are. They also have a "Mom's Night Out" gathering in March that I might go to.

I think Andrew and I really need this...we have loving and supportive family and friends, but it will be so nice to make friends with families that are experiencing the same waiting pains that we are.

Also...I called our adoption coordinator yesterday...just as I thought...no word from Russia yet. I should have known when they said "next week" to know that it would be longer.
1 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
Gaye,
It is always fun to find families that have gone through this process or are going through it. Especially when they live very close. There is no one else who understands what it is like more than someone who has been through it. Family and friends can lend support, but they don't understand exactly what you are going through.

Hoping that this might be the week of good news for all of us!