Sunday, March 05, 2006
We are leaving in just 6 days!!!
Can you believe it? We are leaving in 6 days and will meet Roman for the first time in just 8 days. In 8 days, I will hold my son in my arms for the first time...in 8 days, I will finally be a mother...in 8 days, we will see the beginnings of our little family.

Then, in 12 days, I will have to say goodbye to little Roman and tell him that Mommy and Daddy will be back soon. In 13 days, I will board a plane towards home again and I know I will be crying my eyes out because I had to leave my son behind...

Okay, enough sad things. Let's talk about our wonderful friends that have come together with so much love & support for us. A good friend came over to Andrew's parent's house today and gave us several adorable outfits to take with us to donate to the orphanage. And, others have given us learning toys, books, bibs...so incredible. We will have one whole suitcase filled with items for the orphanage.

I am also working on filling a little photo album with pics of us for Roman to look at when we fly home...it is the cutest little album given to us by Erica & Carrie. It is squishy and he can chew on it and not do any damage :)

I went shopping today for gifts for the orphanage director, the workers, the host family, etc...thanks to everyone who gave me such great ideas. I think that I have found some pretty nice things within our budget. Its so hard to know what people will like and enjoy. I still need to get a couple more things, but for the most part, I am done shopping and ready to start putting everything into the suitcases.

I am kind of babbling tonight...I have the Oscars on behind me. I keep turning around to see what the audience is laughing about. I'm so happy that George Clooney won, now if Joaquin & Reese win, I will be even happier :) I never really watch the whole show...I like the pre-show interviews and then I TiVo the actual show and skip through the parts that I don't care about. Andrew went to bed and I am kind of wired...too much Diet Coke today, I guess...not ready to go to bed and I was behind on my blog reading and posting.

My adoption blogging community friends have had some very good news lately...people will be travelling soon and meeting or bringing home their children. Such wonderful news! I am so happy for everyone!!

One more thing...I checked the FedEx tracker and apparently, our documents are in Moscow, but they are apparently being held up there for a "Regulatory agency clearance delay" and a "shipment exception". Not really sure what that means, but at least they are in Russia and will soon be on their way to Kaliningrad.

Also...our Visas & passports are being hand-delivered on Thursday. WOO HOO!!
3 Comments:
Blogger Maggie said...
It's getting close! I'm so excited for you to meet your son.

I know it isn't quite the same experience, but I will never forget the moment when Peanut first walked off the plane. My sister didn't recognize him from his picture but I knew him right away. I said "there he is... there's my boy." And with that we were family. It was the most simple yet monumental moment of my life.

Blogger Jennefer said...
It is amazing how time can go so slow when you want it to speed up. 12 days in Russia is a long time. You will have such a memorable experience. I know it will be so hard to leave, but you will be back for him soon. I look forward to seeing his photo and hearing about your trip!

Jen

P.S. I am so glad Reese Witherspoon won!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
ahhh! six days! i can feel your excitement over your blog. i hope you keep us updated while you are away.