Tuesday, March 28, 2006
"Welcome to the Jungle..."

That's where you are baby...you're in the jungle now...

Yes, I know I am a big dork, but I just can't help it...I want everyone to see the cute things that we received for Roman's shower on Sunday. So many wonderful gifts from family and friends. His room is almost ready now...and so is his bathroom. We just need a few more things for our trip...

I really hope that Roman likes monkeys and lions & giraffes and pandas...I know those aren't really the jungle, but it came from friends of our from the DC Zoo where the new baby Panda was born recently.

Plus, I just needed to do something to get my mind off all of this paperwork that we still need to get finished...don't even get me started on the medical stuff that was thrown on us at the last minute even though I asked our coordinator a month ago about it. We had our TB tests redone today...tomorrow we go for our other blood tests. Hopefully, I will have everything back in my hands by Friday or Monday (at the latest) and I can send everything back down to Richmond to be apostilled...we have our police reports and all the other paperwork that needs the official Virginia seal done...just waiting for the medical. Our doctor rocks...he is so great about helping us do all of our forms. If only the VA Medical Board would be so helpful.

The shower was wonderful on Sunday...hosted by my mother-in-law & sister-in-law (who also happens to be one of my best friends). My other best friend, Colleen, came into town from Phoenix just for the shower weekend and Friday night, we went out for a "girl's night" or my "last hurrah" before I become a Mommy. Our other good friends, Carrie & Kathy & Suzanne were there too...we had so much fun!! I love my girlfriends...they are the greatest!

On Thursday night, I am going to my first FRUA "Mom's Night Out" event at Corner Bakery in Fairfax...I am excited because my blogger friend, Jen, is meeting me there...first time we will meet in person :) YAY!!

I can't believe we leave for Russia to bring home our son in just three weeks...unbelievable!!
5 Comments:
Blogger A Room to Grow said...
The room looks great. Everything matches so well, of course Roman will love it.

Blogger 6blessings said...
The room looks adorable. I don't know what kid wouldn't love it!! I love all of the jungle stuff for the bathroom too. Everything looks super!!

Blogger Maggie said...
It sounds like the shower was so much fun. And you got some adorable things for Roman. His room really looks nice.

I wonder if anyone will throw a shower for me and Peanut when the time comes? It's a bit unorthodox to throw a shower for an 8-year old! :-)

Blogger Elle said...
Love the jungle! We were going to decorate in John Lennon Jungle when we were ttc. We've moved onto hockey (of course.)
Roman will just love it!

Margaret - If I lived in Michigan I would totally throw you a shower!

Blogger Jennefer said...
Roman's room is SO cute! How fun to put that all together! I really like the colors and the theme.

I am sorry about all of the paperwork. There is always more and more, but eventually it WILL get done.

I am so glad that you had a nice shower. That is always fun. Three weeks is so close!

I am looking forward to seeing your tomorrow night at the FRUA event. You will have to tell me all about your trip to meet Roman! I am very excited to hear all about it.