Thursday, May 04, 2006
He is amazing...
every little sound he makes, every time he lunges into my arms, every time he grabs my cheeks and laughs...my heart soars. I have a son...I can't believe I am finally a Mommy. On the plane ride home, Andrew & I both got so emotional as we watched him finally fall asleep...we felt as if we were dreaming. We had this life, this wonderful life, that we were now responsible for and we cried as he cried on the plane. We cried because at times we could not comfort him as he screamed because of his ear infection...it just broke our hearts to see him suffering.

how amazing little Roman is...when he wakes up and opens his eyes and sees me smiling at him, he just breaks into the most heart-warming smile that you have ever seen. he seems to already know that I am his Mommy and Andrew is his Daddy and that we are there for him. He knows we will catch him when we falls face first lunging at us as he is walking towards one of us...

he knows that we are his parents forever...and he is loved.
8 Comments:
Blogger A Room to Grow said...
your description of motherhood sounds wonderful!!!

please post more pics from the trip! :)

Blogger Jennefer said...
Welcome to Parenthood. You have finally joined the Mom and Dad club. It will be the best and hardest thing you will ever do. He is SO cute. Congrats on having him home with you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
How fun! Poor baby having to fly (for the first time) with an ear infection. What a trooper! (and by that I mean all 3 of you!)

Betsy

Blogger KimLittle said...
OH MY GOD he is absolutely precious. What a lovely little one he is. Do I see a glint of onery Grampa Tack in those eyes????!!!!! Much love and hugs to our newest family member (and new cousin Addison will be born any day now!!), Kim

Blogger 6blessings said...
Isn't parenthood wonderful?

Blogger Elle said...
beautiful!

Blogger Maggie said...
Oh my goodness. How happy you are.

Blogger Lauri said...
ok- I need some more pics- I know for certain your tired & sleep deprived- but dont keep us waiting long

Roman is adorable

Congrats

Lauri