Monday, October 05, 2009
February - May 2009
I guess that once the adoption was final and we had settled into the routine of our daily lives being a family, the blog lost it's pull on me. I used to check about 15 blogs a day for updates on the adoptions of my fellow online friends...now, I just have a few that I check once a week to see how the families are doing. And, I have not updated our own blog since February of this year...that is a long time and Roman has changed so much.
Let's see, since February 2009 Roman has turned four years old, gotten a mohawk and started 5-day preschool (to just name a few things). Life is great and Roman is growing so much and thriving in our family and in school. He is now 4 feet tall...we couldn't believe it when he hit that 44 inch mark...and weighs in at around 42 pounds. A couple of months ago, it was bye-bye 3-point harness carseat and hello high-back booster!! Roman loves being able to buckle himself in and out of his big-boy carseat!!
Roman turned 4 in April 2009. First thing in the morning, he opened a couple of Thomas trains and wanted to go outside and play with them right away...in his pajamas. Then, later in the day we had a small family party. The pictures of Roman in his PJ's and red & blue jacket are from that morning. Then there is one from his birthday party with his cake :)
In late April, one of beloved kitties passed away...Sox was only 8 years old. For weeks afterwards, her brother, Perkins just wandered around the house crying out for her. And Roman just kept asking when Sox was coming home from the doctor. It was really tough.
In late May, we unexpectedly became the family for a new little boy kitten...he was found abandoned behind my brother's house and was just 3 weeks old. We bottle-fed him for several weeks and he soon became part of the family. We let Roman name him and he immediately started calling him "Meow-Meow". No amount of coaxing from us could convince him to change the name..."NO! His name is Meow-Meow!!!!". So, we just call him Meow for short. Having a kitten around was a change...we had forgotten what a kitten was like :)
3 Comments:
It's appropriate time to make a few plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy. I've learn this post and if I may just I wish to suggest you few interesting issues or advice. Maybe you can write subsequent articles regarding this article. I want to learn more issues about it!

Anonymous erection pills said...
of course like your web site however you have to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very troublesome to tell the truth nevertheless I'll certainly come again again.

Anonymous ed meds said...
Awesome article.