Thursday, February 19, 2009
No...I did not drop off the face of the earth :)
The photo above was taken earlier this month...it is Roman with his Grandma Joann reading his favorite Thomas books. Grandma Joann is my Mom :)

I just never seem to be able to find the time to update Roman's blog...I don't even check the blogs of my friends very often.


Roman is doing great!! He is going to turn 4 in just 2 months! I can't believe that my little baby is going to be 4...it seems like just yesterday that he had just turned one and we were bringing him home from Russia. Roman is growing like a weed...the youngest in his class at preschool, but one of the tallest. He towers over some of the other boys.


He and I went to Phoenix, AZ earlier this month to see his Great-Aunt Wanda who is my Dad's oldest sister. She is 88 years old and loved meeting her nephew :) Roman and I met my 2 first cousins, Karen & Cathy, out in AZ and we all stayed together in one hotel suite and went to visit Aunt Wanda a couple of times a day. We had such a great time listening to her tell stories of her childhood with her siblings (my dad, aunts & uncles). My cousins bought a DVD camera so we got a lot of her stories on tape for future generations to enjoy.


One of the other highlights of the visit to Aunt Wanda's was her sharing her own adoption journey 56 years ago when she and Uncle Cleo adopted my cousin, David. I knew that David was adopted, but I had never heard the story. It was amazing to hear Aunt Wanda tell of the phone call that they received that David had been born...and how she felt the first time he was placed in her arms. She had found her child...this was her son. The same exact feelings that I had had upon being handed Roman for the first time in Russia.


On our trip, we also got to see a lot of friends: my old roommate, Kristy who married my college friend, Charlie; some family friends of the Lins', the Heredias; and my best friend, Colleen, and her family. It was a lot of fun, but Roman and I were both happy to be back home...I think he got sick of seeing me 24/7 for 5 days :)